NATURAL SOLUTIONS TO SCARS AND STRETCH MARKS: Our skin is probably one of our most precious and priceless assets. So, it is only normal that you get worried or angry when your skin is tampered with, in same way you get angry when your favourite clothing is ripped or has a huge crusty burn mark in it.
Stretch marks and Scarring are 2 of the major nuisances we have to deal with when it comes to our skin. The thought of dealing with them on a daily basis over the course of our lives can be emotionally draining.
Now let me ask YOU this… Are stretch marks and scars;
- knocking down your self-confidence?
- dictating what outfits you wear, your style and the look of your wardrobe?
- deterring you from building your dream physique?
- making you worry about pregnancy and the effects it will have on your body?
If your answer is YES to any of the above questions, then you are definitely not alone.
Stretch marks and Scarring are not problems – they are inconveniences.
This is what this post is all about. Providing you tips on how to solve these inconveniences called stretch marks and scars.
If You are tired of worrying and stressing about your stretch marks and scars, frustrated with not wearing what you want, sick of looking at the mirror only for you self-confidence to be knocked down, not happy with what pregnancy does to your skin, worried about exercising and building body mass because of stretch marks, THEN this post is for you. Keep reading and you might just find a tailored solution for YOU!
Several products exist out there that can help you with these inconveniences. However, the products suggested below are those I am very familiar with and confident will provide you with results.
– Stretch Marks result when the tissue underneath the outer layer of skin expands faster than the skin.
– Scars form once the skin tissue is injured or punctured. The fibrous or scar tissue forms over the wound to repair the skin. When this scar tissue grows excessively, it can form a smooth, hard growth called a Keloid (Scar). Keloids can result from acne, burn, chicken pox, piercing, scratch, surgical cut scars and vaccination sites.
Now you have a basic idea of how stretch marks and scars originate, it becomes much easier to understand how the products below can help you. So let’s get cracking…
Forever Living Products for Stretch Marks & Scars
For every skin condition, it is important to know that in order to solve the problem, you must treat both from the INSIDE and the OUTSIDE (within and without). Ever heard the statement;
It is perfectly applicable when it comes to solving the stretch marks and scar problems. So, the products below are divided into 2 sections; Treating from inside and Treating from outside.
Treating from Inside
1) Aloe Vera Gel
Our skin has a replenishing period of 21-28 days within which new cells move from the bottom layer (hypodermis) to the top layer (epidermis) of the skin. Therefore, in order to have good healthy skin, it is important to provide these new cells with all the nutrients/building blocks they need from the inside.
- Aloe Vera Gel contains a rich supply of these nutritional building blocks that will help you acquire healthy skin. The skin cells can utilise these nutrients to effectively fight against the daily effects of aging.
- Another benefit of drinking Aloe Vera Gel is that it dilates the capillaries in the skin tissue, which results in an improved supply of oxygen to the skin cells. An improved oxygen supply leads to faster formation of collagen and elastin repair, hence increasing the strength, elasticity and synthesis of skin tissue.
- Finally, Aloe Vera Gel’s high water content is a great way to hydrate, moisturise and rejuvenate the skin from inside. As a result, scars and the formation of keloids are reduced.
- Vitamins A and E, and Selenium are all powerful antioxidants, protecting the cell membranes and in a larger picture – the body tissues from the damaging effects of free radicals and ageing effects.
- So think of these antioxidants as a bulletproof vest shielding you from bullets. They also repair and maintain healthy skin, preserving the texture of the skin.
Treating from Outside
1) Aloe Moisturizing Lotion
Aloe Moisturizing Lotion has outstanding humectant and moisturising properties, and it is loaded with aloe vera, collagen and elastin, all crucial for soft and elastic skin.
- Aloe vera has a high penetration power, penetrating the skin layer 4x faster than water. It has the unique ability to transfer water deep into the skin tissue, making it a perfect hydrating and moisturising agent.
- One of the most important properties of Aloe Moisturizing Lotion is that it stimulates cell division and accelerates tissue regeneration.
- Like you know by now, cells of the epidermis renew every 28 days give or take. Aloe vera in Aloe Moisturizing Lotion through a direct effect on cell division factors, accelerates granulation of the skin tissue, hence causing faster regeneration of cells.
- Aloe also activates and enhances the function of fibroblasts, which are collagen-producing cells. A skin rich in collagen and elastin is much more elastic and less prone to damage from rapid expansion and stretching.
Other benefits of Aloe Moisturizing Lotion include: regulating the pH levels of the skin; inhibits the multiplication of bacteria, viruses and fungi; acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and astrigent; and dilates blood vessels to improve circulation.
2) Forever Alpha-E Factor
- Forever Alpha-E Factor gives the skin a younger-looking appearance by moisturising the skin from within to deliver an perfect smoothness.
- Vitamin E protects the cell membranes of the skin cells from damage by free radicals.
- Vitamin A enhances the elasticity of the skin, reducing its susceptibility to damage by stretching.
- Vitamin C also enhances elasticity and goes a step further to prevent the formation of scar tissue.
- Lecithin in Forever Alpha-E Factor improves the suppleness of the skin, a benefit highly appreciated by ageing skin.
- Finally, Borage seed oil restores skin moisture, hence normalising and balancing dry skin while Bisabolol is essential for soothing sensitive skin.